Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Day SEVEN: What If I Fall? #FAITH

The firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It's our handle on what we can't see...FAITH. (According to Hebrews 11)

I would sneak out of my bed at three am, gently pry open the door, drop down to my hands and knees and crawl across the carpet on the nursery floor. Laying on my back next to the crib...I would listen for her sounds. Wide eyed and terrified. 

Anything would do, a deep sigh, an arm flopping over, a cover being kicked off her chubby little legs. I needed reassurance that she was OK. After a few minutes I would shimmy back out careful not to wake her and return to my bed. 

Night after night after night...no sleep, only worry. It wasn't enough to know she was in the other room, for The Lord's sake I knew she was in there I PUT HER THERE. But I needed to see it for myself, hear it for myself...lay my hand on her back and feel it for myself. The rise and fall of her tiny chest...life was going through those lungs. 

I could hear God whisper...I've got this. 

"But are you sure? I mean really sure? If I'm not there, how will I know?" Deep in my soul I knew that He was the giver of her life, not me. All my anxiety and stress wasn't adding a single day to her life or subtracting a single minute. What it was doing for sure...was ruining my peace in the now. It was a blaring light on my lack of faith. 

Lord I need more Faith. "A handle on what I can't see."

Are you going to get the job, pull out that passing grade, and be accepted into the college of your dreams? Will you find the perfect soul mate to marry, will he like long walks on the beach and be able to play the guitar? Will you have a family of your own? How many kids...two? Four? Will you have heart aches, bad days...bad months or even years? Are your parents going to stay married... are your siblings going to drag the entire family through a season of hell with bad choices? Will you make the team, get a prom date, or get a scholarship? Will your name be in lights, or just on a wooden plaque on a desk in a cubicle? And does it even matter? Will you lose a loved one, lose every dime you own, lose your best friend, lose your identity...or live wealthy, healthy and care free surrounded by besties?

Sister I don't know. And you know who else doesn't know...you.




We were given free will...Praise God...and that will determine A LOT OF THINGS but we are also created to have a space in our hearts of wonder, that only God can fill. He is the Author of our lives and we can constantly scribble out the writings on our hearts from Him or we can let it be and experience *all the things* with our hands palm up ready to grab it. The good the bad the ugly...and the perfectly stunning sparkle of a girl who says YES to Jesus and His ways.

We cant see the air yet we don't fight it...we breathe it..we don't know what's around the corner but we must turn it. 

Do what you can do...do your part. Then ask God to do the rest. Let it shock you when you don't get what you asked Him. Live expectant to have personal encounters with God. Have Faith that He is *for* you, and wants good things for you...happy things even.  

1 Corinthians 2:5
Let your faith not rest on on human wisdom, but on God's power.

2 Corinthians 5:7 
We live by faith not by sight.

Ephesians 6:16
At all times carry Faith as a shield: for with it you can put out burning arrows from the evil one.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do not see.

Are you sure of what you hope for? Are you certain of what you do not see? Are you? Decide that you are. Because make no mistake...we will see one day...we WILL see one day...

If you read all of Hebrews 11...and I really hope that you did because it is worth it...what do you think about the way it ended? Verses 39 and 40? YIKES. How does that change your idea of Faith? 

39 And these men of faith, though they trusted God and won His approval, none of them received all that God had promised them: for God wanted them to wait and share the even better rewards that were prepared for us.

Are we still good on Jesus, or nah? Only when He gives us ALL the stuff we think is best? Hmmmm.

~Allison

Day EIGHT
CLICK HERE


 
  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment